Latest

Update: (Chairman) – 22nd October 2017

The Agenda and papers for the Forum meeting on 26 October 2017 have been published today and are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include a draft response to the Government’s consultation on a proposed standard method of assessing objectively assessed housing need and a number of other related matters.

Update: (Chairman) – 24th September 2017

The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 28 September 2017 have been published today and are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include the Government’s consultation on a standard method of assessing Objectively Assessed Need for additional housing in each local planning authority area.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th August 2017

The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 24 August 2017 have been published today and are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 19th August 2017

The Neighbourhood Plan and accompanying documents were delivered to Torbay Council as the Local Planning Authority on 18 August 2017.  Copies of all documents can be viewed on this website under “The Submitted Plan“.

Update: (Chairman) – 14th August 2017

In accordance with the Forum decision on 13 July 2017 the final draft document set below has been completed and will be submitted formally to the local planning authority at the end of this week after a final check:

Update: (Chairman) – 9th July 2017

The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 13 July 2017 have been published today. They are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include the proposed Submission Set of the Neighbourhood Plan for final discussion on the adjustments to make where appropriate following the Regulation 14 six week consultation recently completed.  The document set is shown in green in accordance with the view expressed by the consultation results.

Update: (Chairman) – 11th June 2017

The Pre-Submission Consultation Results Draft is available to view with all other Agenda Papers for the Forum meeting on 15 June 2017.  Please note the schedule is 123 pages long if printed out.

Update: (Chairman) – 13th May 2017

The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 18 May 2017 have been published today and are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.

If you have not already done so, please remember to complete the on-line Response Form to the Consultation Draft of the Neighbourhood Plan before the closing date (31 May 2017).  Full details are shown below.

Update: (Chairman) – 16th April 2017

The Regulation 14 Pre-Submission Consultation Draft of the Paignton Neighbourhood Plan is available to inspect on our website as from today.  The formal consultation period will run from 10am Wednesday 19th April until 5pm on Wednesday 31st May 2017.  Full details of the documents published and how to submit views are shown on the menu page headed “Consultation Draft
Or you can view them here:

The agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 20 April 2017 have also be published today and are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 29th March 2017

As agreed by the Forum meeting on 16 March, the full document set has been completed for final check before printing and start of the 6 week pre-submission  community consultation.  In accordance with the Forum decision, all members of the Forum have been asked to draw my attention to any important error or inconsistency by no later that the evening of Friday 31st March 2017.  My contact details are shown on the Home page.

Update: (Chairman) – 15th March 2017

Please all note that Draft 14-v2 of the Neighbourhood Plan has been updated with additional text and plans as the version for decision at the Forum meeting tomorrow night.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th March 2017

We are nearly there !!.  The documents for our Forum meeting on 16 March are available to read on our ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page before the meeting.  Please note volunteers of the Editorial Sub Group are in process of completing further updates to the main Neighbourhood Plan document that draws together key matters from the rest of the document set produced.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th February 2017

There’s a lot to read for our Forum meeting of 16th February.  To make best use of time, please take the opportunity to view the papers on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 15th January 2017

A Happy New Year to all.  The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 19th January are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  The main discussion will be the voluntary Sustainability Appraisal and Habitat Regulation Assessment Screening draft completed over the Christmas period.

Update: (Chairman) – 11th December 2016

The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 15th December are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note the main item will be going through the full set of Neighbourhood Plan documents now all assembled into one set to see and agree what needs to be moved around and completed for the final draft.

Update: (Chairman) – 13th November 2016

Most of the Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 17th November are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note that Items 3b and 3c are not yet completed but will follow shortly in advance of the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 21st October 2016

For quick reference, a copy of the following can be found on the links below as requested by the Forum meeting last night:

Update: (Chairman) – 18th October 2016

Please note that Items marked ‘to follow’ have now been added to the meeting Agenda papers for decision by the Forum meeting on 20th October.  The include very important items available  for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 2nd October 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 20th October are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note they are being circulated much earlier than usual for viewing in advance of the meeting.  Those shown ‘to follow’ are in preparation and will follow shortly.

Update: (Chairman) – 27 September 2016

For quick reference, a copy of the Forum’s response to each of the following can be found on the links below:

Update: (Chairman) – 11th September 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 15th September are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note most of the items involve a large number of pages.  Please take the opportunity to read these in advance of the meeting to make best use of time.

Update: (Chairman) – 15th August 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 18th August are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  The meeting will be asked to focus on the work underway to complete supporting documents to the Neighbourhood Plan and views the Forum may wish to make in response to the consultations currently underway on Parking policy for the next 5 years and changes to the Community Infrastructure Levy proposed by the Council that will be considered by an independent Inspector later this year.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th July 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 21 July 2016 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They concentrate on expansion of the Draft Plan, the Basic Conditions Statement required, and first draft of Local Green Space designations to include in the Plan from work undertaken by volunteer input.  Please take the opportunity to read these in advance of the meeting to make best use of time.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th June 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 16 June 2016 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  Particular attention will be given to the steps required to complete the draft Neighbourhood Plan and the matter of ‘site allocations’.  Related documents are included in the Agenda papers which everyone is encouraged to read before the meeting to make best use of time.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th May 2016

At the meeting last night the Forum decided to send comments to Torbay Council on the proposed relocation of Torbay School.   Further information about the proposal and the Council’s on-line questionnaire can be found below:

Please note the stated closing date is 30 May 2016 and all who are intending to respond need to read the scope of the consultation given in the further information.  A copy of the Forum’s response can be found below:

Update: (Chairman) – 12th May 2016

Our Forum meeting on 19 May 2016 will be having a presentation from Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust relating to Green Infrastructure aspects of the Neighbourhood Plan. Formal replies from Historic England, Environment Agency and Natural England have been received to the the SEA screening opinion sent to them.  These and all other Agenda papers are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  To make best use of the meeting time, everyone is encouraged to read these before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th April 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 21 April 2016 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include a number of key documents that everyone is encouraged to read in detail before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th March 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 17 March 2016 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  Important decisions will be needed from the meeting on the Collaton St Mary Masterplan input and a Draft of the Neighbourhood Plan Screening Statement that has been prepared.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th February 2016

A very big thank you to everyone for their contribution to the discussion and decisions at the Forum meeting on Thursday.  Copies of amended Draft 9 of the Neighbourhood Development Plan, and Draft 4 of the Basic Conditions Statement are now available for everyone to read on our ‘Stage 3’ page.  Please also note the next public meeting about the Torbay Motel redevelopment will be 7pm on Friday 11 March 2016 in the Parish Hall at Collaton St Mary.

Update: (Chairman) – 14th February 2016

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 18 February 2016 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include a draft response to the detailed comments received from Torbay Council about Appendix 4 of our Compliance and Basic Conditions Statement regarding jobs and homes.  This is a very important stage in our progress of the final plan which the meeting will be asked to consider and determine.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th January 2016

A copy of the jobs and homes draft document referred to below has been updated to include the location plans that will be displayed and discussed at the Forum meeting tomorrow so that they can be viewed in advance of the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th January 2016

Please note Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 21 January 2016 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include a very important draft for our Forum to consider of how the emerging Neighbourhood Plan is in general conformity with the Torbay Local Plan in respect of jobs and homes growth without the latter needing controversial sites for many years.

Update: (Chairman) – 31st  December 2015

Draft Minutes of the two Forum & Steering Group meetings held on 15th and 17th December 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ and ‘Calendar’ pages. Thanks also to everyone who contributed to the Collaton St Mary Access Options and other responses to the Council consultations.

Update: (Chairman) – 16th  December 2015Working Draft 2 of the Housing Sites paper due to be discussed at the Forum meeting tomorrow is available to view prior to the meeting on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page with the other Items due to be considered.

Update: (Chairman) – 8th  December 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 17 December 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page – apart from the housing sites schedule being worked on by volunteers for circulation prior to the meeting.  Other items include requests for views from the Forum that have been received – including the Council’s view of access options at Collaton St Mary.  Please also attend the special meeting (see below) at South Devon College on 15 December 2015 – details of which are also on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th November 2015

There will be a special meeting of the Forum at South Devon College at 6pm to 7pm on Tuesday 15 December 2015 to view and discuss the College expansion proposals.  This will be a very interesting meeting and all Forum members are invited to attend.  Further details of meeting place etc will be circulated beforehand.

Update: (Chairman) – 14th November 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 19 August 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  It would be very helpful if everyone attending the meeting could please take the opportunity of reading in advance of the meeting the Inspectors final Report on the Torbay Local Plan and the exchange of letters that has taken place with the Council subsequently.

Update: (Chairman) – 10th  October 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 15 October 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  First skeleton drafts of the Basic Conditions Statement and the Consultation Statement are included for Forum approval, together with an invitation from South Devon College to comment on their future plans being displayed at the Energy Centre on 20 October 2015.

Update: (Chairman) – 13th  September 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 17 September 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include further information exchange that has been taking place between the Local Plan Inspector and Torbay Council, and an update of the Forum’s housing sites schedule for discussion at the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th  August 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 20 August 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include updating our view of the housing land supply situation previously considered and agreed.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th  July 2015

A big thank you to everyone who took part in producing the Local Plan response document considered at the Forum meeting on Thursday night.  A copy of the letter and all appendices agreed has been formally submitted and can be viewed below for quick reference:

Update: (Chairman) – 15th  July 2015

The draft Response letter and Appendices are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for discussion at the meeting.  A very big thank you to the Forum volunteers that have helped to put this together.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th  July 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 16th July 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  The meeting will be reviewing the proposed Replacement Modifications published by the Council on 22 June 2015.  Copies of all documents containing the changes proposed are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  If you intend to print out a copy of each, please note there are 8 documents in all that run to many pages.   A draft response for consideration at the meeting is currently in preparation for circulation before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 14th  June 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 18th June 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  The meeting will be considering the recent announcement that the Council will be carrying out a further consultation on revised proposed Modifications to the Torbay Local Plan currently under Examination by the Inspector.

Update: (Chairman) – 15th  May 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 21st May 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include the Council’s response to the representations made on the proposed Local Plan Modifications recently sent to the Inspector, and for decision, the final draft of our Neighbourhood Plan Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report for submission to statutory consultees.

Update: (Chairman) – 10th  April 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 16 April 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include moving the Skeleton Neighbourhood Plan to Draft 8 and a Draft Sustainability Scoping Report for discussion and decision.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th  March 2015

A big thank you to everyone who took part in producing the response document considered at the Forum meeting last night.  A copy of the letter and all appendices agreed has been formally submitted and can be viewed below for quick reference:

Update: (Chairman) – 13th  March 2015

The Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 19 March 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include for Forum approval the proposed response to the Local Plan modifications.  If you intend to print out a copy, please note the draft letter is 13 pages and accompanying Appendices.38 pages. They can be opened individually so that you can read one while reviewing the other.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th  February 2015

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 19 February 2015 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page and ‘Downloads’ page.  They include an Initial Analysis of the proposed Modifications to the Torbay Local Plan recently published (see link below).

Update: (Chairman) – 10th  February 2015

Torbay Council yesterday published the proposed Modifications to the Local Plan, a further Sustainability Appraisal document, Habitats Regulation Assessment, Draft Community Infrastructure Levy document, and Draft Local Validation List.   Each can be viewed on the Council web site page by clicking on the link below:

Our Forum will be reviewing the documents at our next meeting on 19 February 2015.

Update: (Chairman) – 2nd February 2015

During this week, every household and business in Paignton is being sent a leaflet asking for views on the Draft Plan so far drafted by the Forum.

If you want to Join the Forum and help us to complete the Draft, please go to our page headed “How to Join” or come along to our next meeting of the Forum on 19 February 2015.   Details of the meeting place are shown on the “Calendar” page.

If you wish to see proposals included or changed in the draft, we need to hear from you.   You can send your views to: info@paigntonneighbourhoodplan.org.uk or by phone to 01803523434 or 01803469185.

Update: (Chairman) – 9th January 2015

A lot of information has just been placed on the Torbay Council website that follows on from the Local Plan Hearing in November 2014.  It includes the Inspector’s initial views and further information the Inspector asked for from the Council.  All of this will be discussed at our Forum meeting on 15 January 2015 at 6:30pm.  Our Agenda is available to view on the ‘Downloads’ and ‘CaIendar’ pages as from today.  In preparation for the meeting, it would be helpful if everyone could read the various documents in advance.  The web link is shown on the Agenda page.  We will also have available at the meeting the leaflet that will be sent to every household in Paignton.

Update: (Chairman) – 31st December 2014

Please see below the views of the Forum that have been sent today to Torbay Council in response to the proposed development of land to the south of Yalberton Road in Paignton (Planning Application P/2014/0983).

Update: (Chairman) – 12th December 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 20th November 2014 and Agenda papers for the next Forum meeting on 18 December 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ and ‘Calendar’ pages.  Please note the meeting will include a presentation by developers of the proposed Yannons Farm site currently a planning application.

Update: (Chairman) – 15th November 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 20 November 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page together with the Draft Minutes of the meeting held on 23 October 2014.

Update: (Chairman) – 29th October 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 23rd October 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note, also located at the bottom of the ‘Downloads’ page is a copy of the letter and enclosure sent to the Local Plan Examination Hearing on 24 October 2014 as agreed by the Forum.

Update: (Chairman) – 24th October 2014

Skeleton Draft 6 of the Neighbourhood Plan as approved by the Forum last night can be viewed on the ‘Downloads’ page.  It contains the first draft of the policy wording proposed for the respective locations and aspects covered by the plan.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th October 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 23 October 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  The meeting will focus on the proposed policies complied by the Editorial Sub Group contained in Skeleton Draft 6 on the Agenda.

Update: (Chairman) – 30th September 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 25th September 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 27th September 2014

Skeleton Draft 5 of the Neighbourhood Plan as approved by the Forum on 25th September 2014 can be viewed on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 21st September 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 25 September 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page together with the Draft Minutes of the meeting held on 28 August 2014.

Update: (Chairman) – 26th August 2014

Please note: Further documents have been included with the Agenda for the Forum meeting on 28 August 2014 and can be viewed on the ‘Calander’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 22nd August 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 28 August 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  These include proposals from the government that may mean there is no need for the Forum to produce as many documents, together with other proposed changes to the planning system that need careful reading before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 22nd August 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 24th July 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note: the Appeal against the refusal of planning permission for housing development at Collaton St Mary has been withdrawn by the developers.  The Public Inquiry will therefore no longer take place in September/October.

Update: (Chairman) – 19th July 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 24 July 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  Please note they contain several documents of importance  about the Local Plan and the Collaton St Mary Appeal in particular that need to be read before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 8th July 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 26th June 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  They include a summary of the ‘to do’ list agreed by the Forum to complete the Neighbourhood Plan documents being prepared by Forum volunteers.  If you wish to help with this, please contact Mike Parkes or David Watts on either of the telephone numbers or email addresses at the bottom of this page.

Update: (Chairman) – 19th June 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 26 June 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  They are being circulated a little earlier than usual to give additional time for everyone to to read the Inspectors Report published recently on the Teignbridge Local Plan at Item 3a of the Agenda. 

Update: (Chairman) – 11th June 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 24th April 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please don’t forget to respond to the consultant’s Masterplan survey if you have not already done so.  Web links are listed below (see 28th April 2014) or you can write directly to Stride Treglow Ltd at Promenade House, The Promenade, Clifton Down, Bristol.BS8  3NE who will be very pleased to have your views.

Update: (Chairman) – 23rd May 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 29 May 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page or by clicking on the meeting date in the side panel on this page.  The meeting will include the Forum coming to a view about a number of very important items. 

Update: (Chairman) – 2nd May 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 24th April 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please don’t forget to complete the Masterplan survey by going to the link shown in the message below for 28th April.

Update: (Chairman) – 28th April 2014

Consultants Stride Treglown have been appointed by Torbay Council to develop two Masterplans, one for Collaton St Mary and one for Paignton Town Centre.  The Masterplans will form part of the evidence base for the emerging Torbay Local Plan as well as the Paignton Neighbourhood Plan, and demonstrate the level and type of development that can be realistically and sustainably delivered in both areas.  You can view the progress so far made, and give your views via the survey link below.  The consultation will be open from 30 April 2014 and will end on 2 June 2014.

Update: (Chairman) – 20th April 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 24 April 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  The meeting will include the conclusions so far on the emerging Masterplan inputs for Collaton St Mary and the Town Centre. 

Update: (Chairman) – 31st March 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 27th March 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  A big thank you to everyone who sent in their views on the proposed Torbay Local Plan.  The 28 page response from the Forum was sent to the Council today.

We understand the response will be considered by the Council over the next few months before being sent to the Secretary of State with any changes the Council may decide to recommend.  Meanwhile, work can now continue on producing our Neighbourhood Plan.

Update: (Chairman) – 21st March 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 27 March 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page together with Draft Minutes of the last meeting.  They include the proposed response to the new Local Plan placed on deposit recently by Torbay Council.  The draft response stresses the need for job led growth over the next 20 years, and explains in detail why 3-4,000 additional homes are justified, not  8-10,000 as currently proposed in the Local Plan.  It will be an important meeting as the outcome will go first to the Council and then to the Secretary of State who will arrange for an Examination in Public of the key issues.  Thank you to everyone who has so far provided an input to the draft.

Update: (Chairman) – 4th March 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 27th February 2014 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.   If you would like to help draft our Forum response to the Local Plan for discussion at our next meeting, please send your thoughts before 20 March 2014 by email to info@paigntonneighbourhoodplan.org.uk or by phone to 01803523434.

Update: (Chairman) – 28th February 2014

At our Forum & Steering Group meeting last night we agreed to use our next meeting on 27th March 2014 to finalise our formal response to the new Local Plan placed on deposit recently by Torbay Council.  Minutes of our meeting will be published in the usual way as soon as possible.

Update: (Chairman) – 21st February 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 27 February 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page together with Draft Minutes of the last meeting. Please note the meeting will include the New Local Plan due to be published next week, a presentation of the Goodrington, Roselands and Hookhills input to our Plan, and outcome of the Retail space review recently completed.

Update: (Chairman) – 16th January 2014

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 23 January 2014 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  The meeting will include the first skeleton draft of a Proposals Map for the whole Plan area and the inset plan for the Town Centre.

Update: (Chairman) – 8th January 2014

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 19th December 2013 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  A happy New Year to all Forum members.  Please note it is hoped our next meeting on 23 January 2014 will consider a Skeleton Draft of the Proposals Maps to accompany the Skeleton text agreed at the last meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th December 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 21st Novembery 2013 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  These include the Draft Aim for our Neighbourhood Plan overall which the Forum will be considering in more detail at the next meeting on 19th December 2013:-

“To make our town and surroundings more attractive to tourists and a superb place to live and work”

Update: (Chairman) – 16th November 2013

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 21 November 2013 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  A number of very important items are included.

Update: (Chairman) – 4th November 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 24th July 2013 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note – Volunteers who are attending the Training Session on Saturday 9th November 2013 from 10am-3pm will be receiving the final details later today.

Update: (Chairman) – 19th October 2013

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 24 Octoberber 2013 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  The meeting will be focusing on Sport and Recreation facilities that we feel will be important to include in our Neighbourhood Plan.  Two presentations will be made covering the Velodrome proposal at Clennon Valley, and review of all facilities being carried out for the Council by consultants that we need to consider.

Update: (Chairman) – 30th September 2013

Draft Minutes:- of the Forum & Steering Group meeting held on 19th September 2013 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Training Session:- we will be having a fun time very soon being trained how to write the required Neighbourhood Plan documents so they will meet the rules we must follow.  It will be an interesting event as we attempt to convert our community wishes into something that will do the job.  The event is being held on Saturday 9 November 2013 from about 10am to 3pm in Paignton Town Centre.  There will be space for up to 20 volunteers.  If you would like to take part please supply your name and contact details by email to info@paigntonneighbourhoodplan.org.uk or by phone to 01803523434.

Update: (Chairman) – 22nd September 2013

Many thanks to everyone who attended the Forum meeting last week.  A lot was achieved and our membership continues to grow.

Update: (Chairman) – 16th September 2013

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 19 September 2013 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  This will be the meeting where each Community Partnership will be able to say what they would like to see included in the Neighbourhood Plan.

Update: (Chairman) – 3rd September 2013

The Council has now published the results of the Housing Requirement and Land Availability Assessments for 2013.   To help everyone to access and read these documents, they can be found by clicking on the heading via our ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 22nd August 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum meeting held on 15 August are now available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note the new meeting dates and that there will not be a meeting of the Steering Group before the Forum next meets on 19 September 2013 when the main topics are expected to be the inputs received from the Community Partnerships and recommendations from the Outer Sub-Group on housing sites.

Update: (Chairman) – 18th August 2013

Please note there will not be a separate meeting of the Steering Group on 10th September 2013.   Inputs being produced by the Community Partnerships for the draft Plan will be  considered by the Forum at the meeting on 19th September 2013.  A map of the meeting location at Gerston Chapel Hall are included on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 11th August 2013

Draft Minutes of the Steering Group meeting held on 7th August 2013 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 10th August 2013

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 15 August 2013 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 4th August 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum meeting held on 18th July 2013 are available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  See also the Agenda papers for the next Steering Group meeting on 7th August 2013 – available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 16th July 2013

Please see the ‘Calendar’ page for the Forum meeting on Thursday 18 July 2013 to view lots of additional information available to read before the meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th July 2013

Agenda papers for the Forum meeting on 18 July 2013 are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page.  Also the Steering Group draft Minutes of 9th July 2013.  A copy of the Forum views submitted on the Taylor Wimpey planning application (P/2013/0572) at Collaton St Mary are available to see on the ‘Downloads’ page

Update: (Chairman) – 10th July 2013

The Steering Group meeting last night received results of the recent community consultations in Paignton Town Centre and Preston areas and will be holding an additional Steering Group meeting on Wednesday 7th August 2013 to help speed up drafting contributions from the community partnership areas for the Forums decision in September.  See the ‘Calendar’ page for details as they arrive.

Update: (Chairman) – 9th July 2013

Thank you to everyone who attended the special meeting of the Forum at Collaton St Mary last Friday 5th July to discuss the Taylor Wimpey proposals in Planning Application P/2013-0572.  Draft Minutes of the meeting are now available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page.  All intending to submit their individual comments to the Council are urged to do so before the 11th July 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 2nd July 2013

Agenda papers for the next Steering Group meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 9th July 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 27th June 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum meeting held on 13th June 2013 are now available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.  They include approval of the Outline Budget Plan for completing Stage 3 incorporating the grant from ‘Locality’ to help production of the required documents.  Please note arrangements have been made for a  special meeting of the Forum at 7pm on 5th July  2013 in the Parish Hall, Collaton St Mary, to discuss the outline planning application recently submitted by Taylor Wimpey.   See the ‘Calendar’ page for details.

Update: (Chairman) – 7th June 2013

Agenda papers for the next meeting of the Forum are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 13th June 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 27th May 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum meeting held on 16th May are now available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.  They include comments made at the meeting about the revised Local Plan ‘headline’ development proposals considered by Torbay Council on 15th May 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 12th May 2013

Agenda papers for the next Forum meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 16th May 2013.  Draft Minutes of the Steering Group meeting held on 7th May 2013 are also available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 2nd May 2013

Agenda papers for the next Steering Group meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 7th May 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 13th April 2013

The Agenda paper for the next meeting of the Forum is now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 18th April 2013.  The items include the latest reduction in further household numbers to plan for to 2021 published a few days ago by the Office of National Statistics (ONS).

Update: (Chairman) – 8th April 2013

Draft Minutes of the Forum meeting held on 27th March are now available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.  They include all Forum and Steering Group meeting dates up to 19th September 2013 to help with production of the draft Plan by September.

Update: (Chairman) – 28th March 2013

At the meeting last night, the Forum approved a Skeleton Draft of the Neighbourhood Plan Contents to guide preparation of the Draft Plan over the period from now until September.  A copy can be viewed on the information ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 26th March 2013

Draft Minutes of the Steering Group meeting held on 18th March are now available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 26th March 2013

The Prince’s Foundation Report on the SHLAA Workshop held on 14 March is now available for viewing with the rest of the Agenda prior to discussion at the Forum meeting tomorrow night.

Update: (Chairman) – 18th March 2013

Agenda papers for the next meeting of the Forum are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 27th March 2013.   These include the draft Minutes of the meeting on 27 February when the offer was accepted that all 5 Community Partnerships in Paignton will assist by drafting their part of the Plan for Forum approval.   To help with this, a skeleton draft of headings so far identified will be discussed at the Forum meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 5th March 2013

Agenda papers for the next Steering Group meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 18th March 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 25th  February 2013

Draft Minutes of the special Steering Group meeting held on 12th February are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 27th February.  Also details of the Great Parks 2 workshop being held by Torbay Council on 4th-6th March 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 22nd  February 2013

Agenda papers for the next meeting of the Forum & Steering Group are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 27th February 2013.   The Draft Minutes of the Steering Group meeting held on 12 February will follow shortly.

Update: (Chairman) – 11th February 2013

Draft Minutes of the 23rd January meeting are now available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 25th January 2013

As agreed by the Forum meeting on 23rd January 2013, a meeting of the Steering Group members has been arranged.  It will take place on 12th February 2013.   The Agenda papers are available to view on the ‘Calendar’ page for 12th February 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th January 2013

Agenda papers for the next meeting of the Forum & Steering Group are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 23rd January 2013.  At the meeting, we will be considering the initial results of the Questionnaire replies.  Also on the Agenda are the views of the Prince’s Foundation who helped us with the public meetings and workshop events.

Update: (Chairman) – 7th January 2013

Change of meeting date:  Please note the next meeting of the Forum has been moved to Wednesday 23rd January 2013 to help attendance by a number of members who could not make the previous date.   Meeting details and a location plan are shown on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 10th December 2012

Draft Minutes of the 22nd November meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please also don’t forget to send in your views about the proposals for the two key areas via the on-line questionnaire, or by sending in a printed copy (no stamp needed if you use the Freepost address on the front page):

Update: (Chairman) – 7th December 2012

At the meeting yesterday of Torbay Council, the applications from Torquay, Paignton and Brixham were all approved for the formal designation of the three Neighbourhood Areas and for the respective Forums to be the bodies that produce the respective Neighbourhood Plans.  The designations last for a maximum period of 5 years under current legislation.

Update: (Chairman) – 23rd November 2012

At the Forum meeting last night, Alan Hill from the Blatchcombe Community Partnership area was elected by a unanimous vote to be Vice Chairman of the Forum following the resignation of Dean Auton on moving to another part of the country.  Our grateful thanks to Dean for the contribution he has made, and congratulations to Alan.

Please note: the next meeting will take place on 17th January 2013.

Update: (Chairman) – 9th November 2012

A big ‘thank you’ to everyone who has helped to get the Stage 2 preparations in place.   The on-line questionnaire is ‘live’ for all to use.   Please take the opportunity to complete a copy by going to the ‘Your Views Please’ page – which also includes the two wall charts.

Update: (Chairman) – 5th November 2012

Draft Minutes of the 25th October meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please also come and give your input to the two Public Meetings that will be taking place on Monday 12th November and Tuesday 13th November 2012 with the help of the Princes Foundation.  Details and a location plan can be found on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 1st November 2012

Please note the next meeting of the Forum has been moved forward one week to 22 November 2012 so that it does not clash with the date of the Preston Community Partnership meeting.

Update: (Chairman) – 31st October 2012

The Forum response to the Draft Local Plan for Torbay has been submitted to the Council.  A copy of the covering 2 page letter and 15 page schedule is available to view on the ‘Downloads’ page under ‘other documents you may be interested in’

Update: (Chairman) – 20th October 2012

Agenda papers for the next meeting are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 25th October 2012.  Please note the meeting venue has changed.   It will now be at the Borough Road site of the Paignton Community & Sports College (not at Waterleat Road).  A location map is included on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 10th October 2012

A copy of the Forum Objection to the planning application for development at Collaton St Mary (Application P/2012/1037) is available on the ‘Calander page’ for the next meeting on 25th October 2012.

Update: (Chairman) – 28th September 2012

Draft Minutes of the 20th September meeting are available for viewing on the ‘Downloads’ page.  Please note the next Forum meeting at 6:30pm on 25th October 2012 will be at Paignton Community & Sports College, Waterleat Road, Paignton  to accommodate more comfortably our growing community membership.  A location map is included on the ‘Calendar’ page.  Today the Council published the draft Local Plan for Torbay to 2032 and beyond.  Forum volunteers will be going through the draft to provide the Forum with conclusions for our meeting on 25th October.

Update: (Chairman) – 16th September 2012

Agenda papers for the next meeting are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 20th September 2012.  Please note the meeting will be at Oldway Mansion (Cecil Room), Paignton.    A location map is included on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 19th August 2012

Agenda papers for the next meeting are now available for viewing on the ‘Calendar’ page for 23rd August 2012.  Please note the meeting will be at the Parish Rooms in Collaton St.Mary, Paignton.    A location map is included on the ‘Calendar’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 26th July 2012

Forum designation applications advertised – As the next step, our formal applications for designation of the Neighbourhood Area and Forum were made today in the local press by Torbay Council as the Local Planning Authority.  Full details can be viewed on our ‘Downloads’ page (see Regulation 5+8 Applications) and at http://www.torbay.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplanning

Public consultation event, Collaton St Mary – Taylor Wimpey will be holding a public viewing of their proposed 200 family homes and local centre on land at Totnes Road, Collaton St Mary.  No planning application has been made yet.  The plans will be on display at the Parish Hall, on Wednesday 8th August from 4pm-8pm and on Friday 10th August 2012 from 1pm-6pm.  Forum members have been invited to meet with the developers agent at 6pm on 10th August.  Please do take the opportunity to attend and give your view.   See our ‘Calendar’ page for more (10th August 2012).

Update: (Chairman) – 13th July 2012

Agenda papers for the next meeting are now available for viewing on the Calendar page for 19th July 2012.  They include a site plan of the College campus.

Update: (Chairman) – 28 June 2012

SWOTs submission period extended – Well down to everyone.  More than twice the number of SWOTs have been received from around the community than originally anticipated.   In view of this success, the Forum has decided to extend the period for receipt of any further SWOTs to 1st August 2012

Update: (Chairman) – 18th June 2012

The results of all 11 Stage 1 SWOTS are now available to view – see ‘SWOTs’ page.

Update: (Chairman) – 17th June 2012

Agenda papers for the next meeting are now available for viewing on the Calender page for 21st June 2012

Update: (Chairman) – 13th June 2012

Princes Foundation Workshop – 24 representatives of our Forum attended the event yesterday which focused attention in the afternoon on the two key areas of the town centre and western area.   The Princes Foundation hope to have the report of their thoughts available for our consideration towards the end of July.

Update: (Chairman) – 25th May 2012

Victoria Park – Thank you to all who attended last nights meeting of the Forum where it was agreed Victoria Park will not be identified as an option for supermarket development in the Stage 2 work underway, with the reasons given, and will be identified as an area appropriate for protection.

The Princes Foundation – will be visiting us again on 12th June for an all day session to help us with the next stage.  There are only 15 places available.  Any Forum member wishing to volunteer for nomination can do this via info@paigntonneighbourhoodplan.org.uk

Update: (Chairman) – 20th May 2012

Agenda papers for the next meeting are now available for viewing on the Calender page for 24th May 2012

Update: (Chairman) – 17th May 2012

Want to join us ?  You can now join the Forum on-line by going to the How to Join menu !

Update: (Site Admin) – 9th May 2012

Draft Minutes of the 19th April meeting are now available for viewing.

Update: (Chairman) – 7th May 2012

Victoria Park: – At the public meeting held on 1st May by the Friends of Victoria Park, the clear view was expressed that Victoria Park should be protected and not identified as an alternative site for retail development.   As promised, this view will also be presented to the public meeting of the Neighbourhood Plan Forum when it next meets at 6:30pm on 24th May 2012 at Paignton Rugby Club.

Update: (Chairman) – 29th April 2012

The Stage 1 “SWOTS” are nearing completion: – A big thank you to everyone who has taken part in the meetings across the plan area to identify Paignton’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOTS). The results from each area are very important for two reasons. First, they have not been restricted to being able to give views about someone else’s proposals. Second, they show where needs and opportunities are important to us all in our community.

So what happens next ? The results are being brought together by volunteers in our community to convert them into Aims and Objectives and development of proposals to put into a single document for the next stage. In short “This is what you said” and “This is what is proposed”. From the results so far, Stage 2 will be looking more closely at issues and opportunities in two main areas – the Town Centre, and the western side of Paignton. It will take about three months to do this. If you would like to help, please contact  info@paigntonneighbourhoodplan.org.uk

All the SWOT results will be available to see on this web site shortly. So visit us again soon – and thank you for your input so far.

Update: (Site Admin) – 25th April 2012

In response to some of the feedback we have received with regards to the website, we have now added a calender function as requested. Its going to take us a few days to populate it with some usefull information, so please bear with us whilst this takes place, and if there are any particular dates you would like to be shown, then please let us know and we will do our best to upload them.

Update: (Site Admin) – 24th April 2012

It has been suggested that it would be a good idea to have a “Latest News” type of page to keep you all updated with any new developments and what is going on as we get hear about it. If you are aware of any matters arising, news, comments, or have any information to share with us, then please contact us.

 

How do I join the Forum or find out more?

If you would like to be involved in the Paignton Neighbourhood Plan and have your views heard, please email info@paigntonneighbourhoodplan.org.uk
or contact:    Mike Parkes (Tel: 01803 469185)   or   David Watts (Tel: 01803 523434)
To become a member of the Forum on-line:  see How to Join
If you have any information you would like to share with us on this website,