Please note the consultation period has expired and the following is shown for information purposes only.
Welcome to the Paignton Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Draft.
Local residents, workers, businesses, councillors and other volunteers have produced the Draft Neighbourhood Plan for Paignton by working together as a Forum. This has been made possible by the Localism Act 2011. When the process is completed, the Neighbourhood Plan will become part of the statutory development plan for Paignton used by the Council when making decisions on planning applications in the area over the next 20 years.
The Draft Plan produced followed the objectives our community has said it wants to see achieved. The Draft was prepared for any views anyone wished to make during the period from 19 April to 31 May 2017. This was a formal consultation in accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 before the Plan would be submitted for independent examination and Referendum.
The Draft Plan documents can be viewed here:
- Neighbourhood Plan (104 pages)
- Basic Conditions Statement (63 pages)
- Community Involvement & Consultation (31 pages)
- Supporting Evidence (185 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal & Habitat Regulations Screening (75 pages)
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report (48 pages)
The Summary below explains briefly the content of each document:
How views were given:
After reading the above documents, views were requested by completing an on-line Electronic Response Form below, or by printing out and returning the hardcopy version below to any of the points listed on the Form:
- Electronic Response Form (5 questions) – The Consultation period has ended
- Hardcopy Response Form (2 page print out) – For record purposes only
Where could a hardcopy of the Draft Plan documents be inspected ?
During open hours at:
- Paignton Library and Information Centre, Great Western Road, Paignton, TQ4 5AG
- Occombe Farm Cafe, Preston Down Road, Paignton, TQ3 1RN
- Clennon Valley Leisure Centre, Penwill Way, Paignton TQ4 5JR
Or by asking any one of our volunteers at any of the drop-in sessions below:
What was the closing date for comments ?
Any comments were requested to be received by no later than 5pm Wednesday 31 May 2017. All comments were considered by the Forum and adjustment made to the Draft Plan where appropriate before it was then submitted to the Local Planning Authority in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012. Full details were published on the website at the time.
How can I join the Forum or find out more ?